NEXT STEPS offers a range of support services for anyone who is struggling with the impact of bereavement, grief, significant loss, or life-limiting illness.
These services include:
- Support groups
- Workshops and talks
- Information and resources
- Training and supervision (for trainee and qualified therapists)
Next Steps Cafe
We also facilitate regular meetups called Next Steps Cafes. These informal get togethers encourage open, supportive conversations around any issues related to death, dying, loss and bereavement. Anyone can attend these meetings on a drop-in basis and participate in friendly conversations about what is often a taboo subject, whilst enjoying tea, coffee, cake or biscuits.
Cafes are suspended for now due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Practical advice and signposting
Our team has access to a wealth of information and support, in the form of personal experience, professional training, leaflets, books and organisational contacts.
We will offer guidance and support to the best of our ability, in line with our experience and qualifications, and will do our best to answer any questions you may have.
If we are unable to provide the information or support you need, we will do our best to signpost you to someone who can.
Informative talks and training workshops
Some months we invite guest speakers, such as:
- Funeral Directors
- End-of-Life Practitioners/Doulas
- Dementia Awareness Specialists
- Medical professionals (GPs or nurses)
- Palliative Care Specialists.
Talks usually last about an hour, allowing plenty of time for questions, further discussions and of course, more tea and cake.
We also run half or one-day workshops such as:
- Next Steps to Creating an End-of-Life Plan
- Next Steps to Practical End-of-Life Care Skills
- Next Steps to Creating Personal Rituals
- Next Steps to Advance Care Planning
- Next Steps to Self-Care Techniques
- Next Steps to Managing Stress, Anxiety and Pain
Talks, training events and workshops will be advertised here on the website and on social media.